Rabbi’s Reflections – Sunday, May 22, 2022
Biblical Perspective of Current News – May, 2022 (from 5/1 to 5/11)
by Dr. Raymond Finney
INTRODUCTION: I continue a recent experiment. Once monthly, I may devote a RR to discuss a few news articles published earlier that month. These articles report events preparing to fulfill end-time prophecies. By reading newspapers and the Holy Bible together, one conclusion seems inevitable– Yeshua is returning soon (Revelation 22:20): The One giving testimony to these things says, “Yes! I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Yeshua! I believe a better translation of “soon” in this verse, from the Greek ταχύ (transliterated, tachy || pronounced, takh-OO), is “suddenly, without warning.” “Soon,” an alternative and equally correct translation, makes no historical sense. Yeshua has not returned “soon,” but He promised to return “suddenly, without warning.” Study as much as possible from the original text (the Word of God), using translations (man’s interpretation of God’s Word) as necessary, but secondary resources. I would never question the Word of God, but man’s translations of His Word are fair game. Following are a few articles I recently read that may interest you. Click on the underlined URL link to read the entire article.
►TITLE (DATE): Biden’s Disinformation Board: Even Orwell Would Shiver (May 11, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Liberty Nation News ( Biden’s Disinformation Board: Even Orwell Would Shiver – Liberty Nation )
● SUMMARY: It sounded pernicious enough on the face of it. But even though it represents, at least in principle, arguably the most explicit and chilling threat to the First Amendment that we may have witnessed, the establishment of a de factoministry of truth– officially titled the Disinformation Board– under the auspices of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is actually even worse than you might imagine. The haunting predictions of George Orwell, author of 1984, appear to be matching the present reality. Read Orwell’s 1984 free online: https://files.libcom.org/files/1984.pdf .
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Free speech is a cherished American right, guaranteed by the First Amendment. If Americans permit official censorship, free speech is lost, both on a personal basis and on a religious institutional basis. Concerning the latter, if Disinformation Board bureaucrats challenge Rabbi Weiner to prove God exists or stop speaking about Him at Shomair Yisrael (“it is disinformation”), under penalty of whatever penalty they decide to impose, Washington bureaucrats could muzzle Rabbi. Shomair congregants some day may be forced to disband meeting at the present synagogue and develop underground home worship cells, meeting secretively to avoid prosecution. Such underground worship has been necessary in multiple places in the world even during my lifetime. Early Believers faced down the Roman Empire. Will we twenty-first century Believers be required to face down the American Empire? Prophecy scholars have taught for many years that America must fall in order that the Antichrist’s regime can rise. I believe we are seeing this transition take place now. Come, Lord Yeshua! Fear Adonai, but not Washington officials and bureaucrats who preach and act against the Word of God (Matthew 10:28): [Yeshua said] “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” The Bible is clear: Believers and Jews will be tremendously persecuted, as the end of the Age approaches.
►TITLE (DATE): Israel said to strike Syrian Golan in missile attack; damage reported (May 11, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): The Times of Israel ( Israel said to strike Syrian Golan in missile attack; damage reported | The Times of Israel )
● SUMMARY: A site in southern Syria was damaged in an Israeli missile attack in the pre-dawn hours of May 11. The attack targeted an area in the Syrian Golan Heights, just across the border from Israel.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: It is not “news” to report Israeli-Syrian hostilities, especially in the contested Golan Heights region. I include this latest report as a reminder of the Burden of Damascus (Isaiah, chapter 17). Read this prophecy at: Isaiah 17 TLV – The burden of Damascus: Behold, – Bible Gateway . See also Jeremiah 49:23-27. Damascus, capital of Syria, is an ancient city which has never been destroyed. An as-yet unfulfilled prophecy (Isaiah 17) tells of a future time, when Damascus will be totally destroyed and become “a ruinous heap.” Total destruction of a large city is almost certainly due to a nuclear strike. Will some provocation by Syria cause Israel to attack with a nuclear weapon? Since Russia is allied with Syria, could destruction of Damascus be the “hook” in the jaws of Gog, leader of Magog, which is Russia (Ezekiel 38:4)? Could destruction of Damascus cause Gog, leader of Magog (Russia), to initiate the War of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel, chapters 38 and 39)? I am not convinced that Syria is included in the nations invading Israel. (Has Syria by this time has been neutralized by an Israeli nuclear attack of Damascus?)
►TITLE (DATE): Russia’s use of nuclear weapons set out in military doctrine: deputy foreign minister (May 10, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): The Globe and Mail ( Russia’s use of nuclear weapons set out in military doctrine: deputy foreign minister – The Globe and Mail )
● SUMMARY: Russia’s deputy foreign minister said that a decision on the possible use of nuclear weapons is clearly set out in Russia’s military doctrine. Russia’s official military deployment principles allow for the use of nuclear weapons if they– or other types of weapons of mass destruction– are used against it, or if the Russian state faces an existential threat from conventional weapons. The decision to use Russia’s vast nuclear arsenal, the biggest in the world, rests with the Russian president, currently Vladimir Putin.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Holy Scriptures clearly prophesy the use of nuclear weapons (described as a “great sword,” or by annihilation of major cities within one hour, etc.). Such weapons will be used during the Tribulation, but we do not how much these weapons will be used before the Tribulation (War of Gog and Magog, Damascus, etc.). You can do nothing to prevent their use. You can, however, live every day to its fullest as a precious gift from God and try to make certain that you and your relatives and friends are ready to meet your Maker at any moment.
►TITLE (DATE): The price America is paying for rejecting God (May 9, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): WorldNetDaily ( The price America is paying for rejecting God (wnd.com) )
● SUMMARY: Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi claim to be practicing Catholics, yet they and their fellow leftists have worked unrelentingly to drive God out of America’s schools, government, and public square. In this article, Oliver North and David Goetsch briefly review their new book, Tragic Consequences.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Adonai appoints or removes a nation’s leaders. He may appoint good leaders as a blessing, or bad leaders as a punishment. A nation’s people, influenced by their leaders, dictate the course of the nation (Proverbs 14:34): Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.
►TITLE (DATE): Lapid: Israel doesn’t need permission from the US to build in settlements (May 9, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): The Jerusalem Post ( https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-706264 )
● SUMMARY: The Biden administration had asked Israel not to advance the settlement building plans, given its stiff opposition to any Israeli settlement construction. Israel doesn’t need permission from the United States to build in West Bank settlements, Foreign Minister Yair Lapid responded.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Good for Minister Lapid. The Biden administration has more than it can handle, without micromanaging Israel’s affairs. Israel is a sovereign nation, and should be treated as such. No matter how many concessions are made to benefit Israel’s enemies, Israel’s enemies will remain Israel’s enemies. As we approach the Tribulation, according to Scriptures, Israel will continue to gain enemies and lose allies. Adonai alone will be Israel’s friend, and He– not the United States– will protect Israel against her enemies (see the War of Gog and Magog, Ezekiel, chapters 38 and 39.)
►TITLE (DATE): Iran sentences Christian man to 10 years in prison for hosting house church worship gathering (May 9, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Christian Post ( Iran: Christian sentenced to 10 years for hosting house church | World News (christianpost.com))
● SUMMARY: The Revolutionary Court of Tehran has sentenced an Iranian-Armenian Christian man to ten years in prison for founding a house church, which the judge called “propaganda contrary to and disturbing to the holy religion of Islam.”
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: The Bible clearly warns Believers will face great persecution and martyrdom during the Tribulation. As we approach this horrible time, Believers and Jews will experience growing harassment, persecution, and martyrdom. Yeshua blessed those who are persecuted for righteousness, promising them the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 5:10-12). Yeshua also promised the Crown of Life for those who are persecuted but remain faithful until death (Revelation 2:9-11).
►TITLE (DATE): Running Out of Time (May 8, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Rapture Ready ( Running Out of Time :: By Daymond Duck – Rapture Ready )
● SUMMARY: Daymond Duck discusses the looming food shortages and famines, but also adds: Believers are running out of time to spread the Gospel, reach lost loved ones, give, serve, and lay-up treasure in Heaven; cold and lukewarm church members are running out of time to get saved and go to Heaven; those that have heard the Gospel, refused to believe it, accept Yeshua, and repent of their sins, are running out of time to get saved before they are struck with strong delusion; and church members that could attend church but aren’t are running out of time to get started back. Pertinent to this topic is that much of the United States is in drought conditions. See a weekly updated map of America’s drought at: https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu .
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Farmers in Ukraine, “the Breadbasket of Europe,” may not plant fields this year due to Putin’s war, causing severe food shortages. Multiple food processing plants in the United States have inexplicably burned, even as many grocery stores are now running short of food. The latest shortage is lack of infant milk formula. We are warned of food shortages in the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24:7b): “… And there will be famines….” and in The Revelation (Revelation 6:5-6): When the Lamb [Yeshua] opened the third seal, I [John] heard the third living creature saying, “Come!” And behold, I saw a black horse. The one riding on it held a balance scale in his hand. Then I heard something like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius– but do no harm to the oil and wine!” Consider Joseph’s counsel to Pharaoh to stockpile grain to feed Egypt in a coming drought/ famine (Genesis, chapters 37-41). Consider also Proverbs 6:6-11: Go to the ant, you slacker– consider its ways and be wise. It has no commander, no overseer or ruler. Yet it prepares its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, slacker? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep– and your poverty comes like a bandit and your need like an armed man. Americans have been blessed with an abundance of food, but this blessing may not last much longer. Should you be stockpiling food and other supplies now for future privation? Ordered through the Internet, freeze-dried food, with a shelf life of 25 years or so, can be delivered to your front porch. If interested in long-term food storage, try this comparison first: Best Emergency Food Supply – 2022 Buyer’s Guide (buyersguide.org) . Grocery-purchased canned food provides several years of security, but inflation has destroyed the most affordable purchases. Incidentally, American parents are desperately seeking baby formula to feed their babies amid nation-wide formula shortages. But, not all people have trouble finding formula. Illegal aliens (“undocumented immigrants”) receive “pallets of formula,” as part of their welcome gifts to enter our nation illegally ( Illegal migrants first to get ‘pallets’ of hard-to-find baby formula | Washington Examiner ). These aliens provide more than fentanyl to our economy. They also provide hungry babies, who go to the front of the line ahead of legal citizens to receive baby formula.
►TITLE (DATE): Russia could destroy ALL NATO countries in ‘half an hour’ if there was nuclear war, head of Kremlin’s space agency claims (May 8, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Daily Mail ( Russia can ‘destroy NATO countries in half an hour’, claims close Putin crony in charge of rockets | Daily Mail Online )
● SUMMARY: Dmitry Rogozin, head of the Kremlin’s space agency, boasts Russia could destroy NATO nations in a blitzkrieg attack.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Yeshua warned we will hear of “wars and rumors of wars,” as the time for His return nears. Unfortunately Russia’s leader is a psychotic, ailing, immoral thug, who would have no qualms about killing millions of innocent people. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine shows there is no control or concern for humanity. We can only hope for the swift fulfillment of Revelation 22:20: The One giving testimony to these things says, “Yes! I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Yeshua!
►TITLE (DATE): On “Overturning” Roe vs. Wade – Succinct Encapsulation of Answers to the Leftists (May 8, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Right Wire Report ( On “Overturning” Roe Vs. Wade – Succinct Encapsulation of Answers to the Leftists | Right Wire Report )
● SUMMARY: Some pro-life arguments are given to counter pro-abortion zealots in this brief article. Before this matter concludes, untold millions of words will be printed and broadcast. We obviously cannot capture them all.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: The U.S. Supreme Court’s pending decision on whether to uphold or overturn Roe v Wade is a major event. Although you may never have had nor ever will be involved in an abortion, Adonai knows your heart. You may need to give an account for your thoughts and actions, or lack thereof (Proverbs 24:11-12): Rescue those being dragged off to death, hold back those stumbling to slaughter. If you say, “Look, we didn’t know this.” Won’t He who weighs hearts perceive it? Won’t He who guards your soul know it? Won’t He repay each one according to his deeds?
►TITLE (DATE): Ukraine’s Ports Must Be Reopened or Millions Face Starvation Warns UN (May 7, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Newsweek ( Ukraine’s Ports Must Be Reopened or Millions Face Starvation Warns UN (newsweek.com) )
● SUMMARY: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has warned that millions of people are “marching towards starvation” unless ports in southern Ukraine which have been closed because of the war, are reopened. Ukraine, called “Europe’s breadbasket,” is one of the top three grain exporters in the world. There is the prospect that mountains of grain will go to waste amid a growing world hunger crisis.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Multiple prophetic passages in the Bible tell of future starvation– for example, the Third Seal Judgment, the Rider on the Black Horse (Revelation 6:5-6). I have discussed these end-time famines in previous RRs.
►TITLE (DATE): 4 things to know about state abortion laws if Roe is overturned
(May 6, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Christian Post ( 4 things to know about state abortion laws if Roe is overturned | Politics News (christianpost.com) )
● SUMMARY: A leaked draft from Justice Alito, indicated the U.S. Supreme Court may overturn Roe v Wade, the 1973 decision that has permitted legal abortion in the USA, with the death of more than 63-million unborn babies.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: If Roe v Wade is nullified this year, individual states will decide whether to permit or outlaw abortion. This article reviews which states will prohibit or permit abortion.
►TITLE (DATE): Did China just signal it’s going to war? (May 4, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): WorldNetDaily ( Did China just signal it’s going to war? (wnd.com) )
● SUMMARY: China is exploring ways to avoid economic sanctions in preparation for war, several experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation. Ambassador John Bolton, former President Donald Trump’s National Security Advisor, said he believes the meeting signals China’s militaristic ambitions.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: In Revelation 16:12-16, God will allow the Sixth Bowl Judgment to be unleashed. A massive 200-million man army will advance to the west (ready to engage the Antichrist’s army in Israel at Armageddon). Preparations for this advance have already commenced. Highways between the Far East and the Middle East have been built, which will facilitate troop movement. The Ataturk Dam system has been built, which will permit the Euphrates River to be dried up for troop movement. Satan has been busy, convincing Russia’s Vladimir Putin and China’s Xi Xinping that now is the time for them to steal land from other countries. These evil leaders will not be fighting the United States and allies, which they could defeat, but they will be fighting God, whom they cannot defeat (see Psalm 2:2-6).
►TITLE (DATE): North Korea preparing nuclear test for first time in years, intelligence officials say (May 3, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Fox News ( North Korea preparing nuclear test for first time in years, intelligence officials say | Fox News)
● SUMMARY: Western intelligence officials say North Korea is preparing to conduct a nuclear weapons test for the first time in over four years. Renewed tensions on the peninsula prompted China’s atomic envoy to meet his South Korean counterpart in Seoul on Tuesday, calling the situation “severe.”
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: This report represents another “wars and rumors of wars” situation. Nuclear-armed enemies of the West are emboldened and are threatening nuclear war against the West. The bad thing is: Their leaders are crazy and evil enough to put their threats into action. Approximately nine nations– North Korea, India, Pakistan, Israel, United Kingdom, China, France, United States, and Russia– are known to possess nuclear weapons. The two countries with the most nuclear weapons are the United States (approximately 6,550 weapons) and Russia (approximately 6,800 weapons). Iran is developing nuclear weapons. Bible prophecy indirectly warns of nuclear warfare: a “great sword” is wielded, cities are completely destroyed in less than an hour, and so forth.
►TITLE (DATE): A Christian view of the coming Temple – opinion (May 3, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): The Jerusalem Post ( https://www.jpost.com/christianworld/article-705729 )
● SUMMARY: This article is a review of the building of the Third Temple from the viewpoint of a Believer/ Christian.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: One of the most important eschatological (last days) events will be the building of the Third Temple on Mount Moriah (Temple Mount). Immense obstacles must be overcome, but Scriptures indicate the Temple will be built before the Tribulation is completed (the Antichrist must defile it) and Yeshua will enter the Temple through the Eastern Gate (His Second Coming).
►TITLE (DATE): The Modern Arrival of Nimrod, Dictator of the World (May 2, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Church of the Living God ( https://pastormiketaylor.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-modern-arrival-of-nimrod-dictator.hrml )
● SUMMARY: Pastor Taylor reviews Scriptures related to the birth of the New World Order and the rise of the Antichrist.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Eschatological (end-time) Scriptures clearly foretell conditions that will arise in the future, as identified by Pastor Taylor in this analysis.
►TITLE (DATE): Franklin Graham: The Eternal Peril of Progressive Christianity (May 1, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): Decision ( Franklin Graham: The Eternal Peril of Progressive Christianity (decisionmagazine.com) )
● SUMMARY: For decades, a war has been raging against Biblical Christianity that goes under the seemingly innocent name of “progressive Christianity.” Progressive Christianity is not a Gospel at all. It has nothing to do with the Gospel of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. It results in nothing but spiritual confusion and chaos. The real, ultimate danger is that progressive Christianity can send a person to hell.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: Franklin Graham discusses the major threat of “progressive Christianity,” so popular today– that followers will not be saved and will spend eternity in Hell. In last week’s RR, I discussed the assembly at Laodicea, which is the very assembly type that Mr. Graham cautions against in this article.
►TITLE (DATE): Joe Biden’s ‘Ministry of Truth’ (May 1, 2022)
● SOURCE (URL): The Hill ( Joe Biden’s ‘Ministry of Truth’ | The Hill )
● SUMMARY: The Biden administration’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that it has launched what is being dubbed a Disinformation Governance Board to combat “misinformation.” The person chosen to lead this new “Committee of Public Information” under Mayorkas is Nina Jankowicz, who calls herself “a disinformation fellow” and a Russian disinformation expert.
● SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE BELIEVER: This “Board” should alarm every American. It smacks of George Orwell’s 1984. Will only “woke” Americans enjoy First Amendment rights– “Congress shall make no law… abridging the freedom of speech,….?” Since belief in God is a matter of faith– it cannot be proven– is this a mechanism whereby religious speech (sermons, publications) must conform to dictates of a “thought czar” in Washington before being expressed?
►►► BECOME YOUR OWN EXPERT: I periodically offer Internet-based resources to aid your Bible study. Knowledge is increasing at breakneck speed, as long ago prophesied (Daniel 12:4): [Michael told Daniel] “But you, Daniel, close up the words and seal the book [the Scroll of Daniel] until the time of the end. Many will run back and forth and knowledge will increase.” In the 1980s, Buckminster Fuller proposed the “Knowledge Doubling Curve.” Human knowledge has been increasing at these rates:
● By 1900, human knowledge was doubling by every 100 years.
● By 1945, human knowledge was doubling by every 25 years.
● At the present time, human knowledge is doubling by every 13 months.
● Human knowledge will be doubling every 12 hours in the not-too-distant future.
The Archangel Michael was, of course, correct. We mortals are overwhelmed with information overload, coming from the Internet, 24/7 news programs, inexpensively reproduced print documents, and other sources– all facilitated by computer technology. We Believers are blessed with brilliant Bible scholars who are unlocking more of the Bible’s mysteries for us.
We have more Biblical truth to consider than any generation that preceded us. Why waste time on social media, when you can profitably spend that time exploring Scriptures? In studying Scriptures, you will please God: https://biblereasons.com/studying/ . I can find no Bible verse saying that exploring Facebook (Meta) will please God (or even Mark Zuckerberg). Paul taught Timothy the value of studying Scriptures:
● (2 Timothy 2:15): Make every effort to present yourself before God as tried and true, as an unashamed worker cutting a straight path with the word of truth.
● (2 Timothy 3:16-17): All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for restoration, and for training in righteousness, so that the person belonging to God may be capable, fully equipped for every good deed.
STRONG’S EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE ONLINE: The Bible was written in Biblical Hebrew and Koine Greek, with a smattering of Aramaic. Note that the language of the Bible was that of the common man or woman of the time, not the language of scholars and priests. I am reminded of a quotation from Abraham Lincoln: “God must love the common man, [because] he made so many of them.” God has always reached out to common people. The Gospel is so simple that even a small child can understand it. God loves all of us– from the richest to the poorest, the smartest to the dullest! Some pastors, who consider themselves very “learned,” preach complicated sermons that might be understood only by theologians with advanced degrees. These pastors fail to understand the mind of God. God wants all of us to understand His blessed message. One of the most successful evangelists in modern times– Billy Graham– preached many of his sermons around a simple, well-known verse (John 3:16): [Yeshua said] “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Even the brilliant Apostle Paul had a short theme to his ministry (1 Corinthians 2:2): For I decided not to know about anything among you except Yeshua the Messiah– and Him crucified.
In 1890, Dr. James Strong published a masterful, scholarly concordance of the Bible (see: https://www.biblestudytools.com/concordances/strongs-exhaustive-concordance/ . A brief tutorial on optimizing use of Strong’s Concordance may be accessed at: https://www.equip.org/PDF/DB155.pdf . About everything you might want to know about the Bible’s words (original spelling, pronunciation, translation, use elsewhere in the Bible, etc.) – 8,674 Hebrew root words and 5,624 Greek root words– are presented in Strong’s Concordance, an essential resource for Bible study. The concordance defaults to either the King James Version or the New American Standard Version (not the Tree of Life Version), but I find it easy to work around this feature. When you read your Bible and want to understand its meaning, be ready to use Strong’s Concordance.
DUCKDUCKGO SEARCH ENGINE: The Internet has become a prime resource for storage of and search for information. I use Internet sources almost exclusively in writing these RRs. I could find more esoteric information at a university research library, but neither I nor most RR readers have ready access to such a library. The Internet is essentially worthless without a search engine. I used Google search engine for many years, but I have become wary of anything coming from Silicon Valley. Why would a Silicon Valley company need to keep extensive records on me and my Internet use? If you do not have such thoughts, you are either very trusting or naive.
When I use the Internet, I never access anything of which I am ashamed. I have no dark secrets. However, I do value privacy enough to rebel against Google technocrats keeping a forever file on everything I read.
I have switched to DuckDuckGo as my search engine. For my purposes, this search engine is comparable to Google. See: DuckDuckGo vs. Google: An In-Depth Search Engine Comparison (searchenginejournal.com) . I highly recommend DuckDuckGo. DuckDuckGo promises not to store a user’s personal information, inundate a user with pop-up advertisements about products or services for which any search has been made, and never to track a user.
You may add DuckDuckGo as your browser’s search engine by accessing https://duckduckgo.com . Click on an appropriately labeled Style Tile on the home page and you are well on your way to guarding your privacy more fully.
BLUE LETTER BIBLE: Blue Letter Bible (https://www.blueletterbible.org ) is an outstanding resource for locating Scriptures. If you remember only a fragment of a verse, this search engine will find the verse for you. For example, if you remember only, “For God so loved,” the search engine will complete the verse for you and remind you it is found in John 3:16. Or, if you wonder how many times “sin” appears in, say, the King James Version, this site will tell you “sin” occurs 448 times in 389 verses, and all of these verses will be listed in order from Genesis 4:7 to 1 John 5:17. The site will present you with a word-for-word breakdown of any verse in its original ancient language. Much more is included in this most useful site, but I do not have time to explain all features. Blue Letter Bible searches in twenty-one Bible translations, which you can easily change to your favorite translation. Someone has expended a great deal of financial resources and time preparing this indispensable site for the Bible student. Honor their loving labor and benefit from their efforts by using this site.
SO MUCH NEWS, SO LITTLE SPACE IN THIS RR: I could easily write an RR like this daily, but I would go to bed each evening regretting I had failed to include so many reports. We are living in a news avalanche, pointing to the inescapable conclusions that Bible prophecy is unwaveringly true and that Yeshua’s return, the timing of which is known only to Adonai, surely must be near. Stay informed. Keep the faith (Luke 21:28): [Yeshua said] Now when these things begin to happen, stand straight and lift up your heads, because your salvation is near!” Shalom and Maranatha.
Counting the Omer – Day 29
Here is the proper blessing to be said each day.
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה יְיָ אֱלֹהֵֽינוּ מֶֽלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם, אֲשֶׁר קִדְּשָֽׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֹתָיו, וְצִוָּֽנוּ עַל סְפִירַת הָעֹֽמֶר
Baruch Atah Adonai Elohenu Melech Ha-Olam, Asher Kid’shanu B’mitzvotav, Vitzivanu Al Sefirat Ha-Omer.
Blessed are You O Lord our God, King of the universe, who has sanctified us by his commandments and commanded us about the counting of the Omer. Today is four weeks and one day of the counting of the Omer.
Daily Bread, reading plan by Lars Enarson (https://www.thewatchman.org/)
Sun 22-May-2022 21st of Iyyar, 5782 29th day of the Omer
Le 26:3-5 Jer 10 Job 20 (Mk 1:21-45) 1 Co 1